Importing 3D models
- upload the FBX file to the converter
- download the resulting archive
- add the geometry and texture files into the blipp assets directory
- use the snippet of code found in main.js to integrate the 3D model into your own blipp code
- Quads and triangles only
- Mostly quads - The model must use quads as much as possible. Triangles may be used where necessary for good edge flow.
- No isolated vertices
- No coincident vertices
- No coincident/coplanar faces
- Face normals point outward
- No empty objects
Centering at Origin
- 3D World is centered at 0,0,0 origin
- Positive Z is above marker plane
- Oriented to World up-axis - The obvious "up" side of the model must be pointing toward the World up axis. In other words, the model can't be lying on its side or upside-down when the file is opened.
- Position and rotation transforms frozen/reset - Exception: This requirement does not apply to 3ds Max.
- 3ds Max Requirement: All objects should be at 100% scale at object level
Textures and Materials
- At least one material must be applied to the model to represent real-world object surfaces.
- Textures applied where appropriate.
- Texture files and nodes named descriptively - Texture filenames or prefixes Image, Pic, or Picture are not acceptable.
- Materials named descriptively
- Relative texture paths, or no texture paths, referenced by model
- No obvious texture stretching on model
- Seams hidden in less visible areas of model
- People and animals must have unwrapped UVs
- Animation must play smoothly - No obvious glitches or hitches
- Animation designated as "looping" must loop smoothly
- No spikes in the animation graph